Board Meeting Update
The last Board Meeting of 2021 was held December 8-9 in Yellowknife at the WRRB office and via Zoom. The business attended to this meeting consisted of new items and items held over from the previous quorum meeting held in September at the beginning of the fall lockdown. All items that could not be addressed at that time were held over and taken care of at the December meeting. The items addressed include:
- Review of the 2021 Annual Wolf Management Report;
- Review of the 2021 Bathurst & Bluenose-East Caribou Calving Ground Surveys;
- Review & Approval of the Interim Wek’èezhìı Boreal Caribou Range Plan;
- Review and Approval of the Wildlife Research Permit Application – Boreal Caribou and Wolf Monitoring Program for the Tłı̨chǫ All-Season Road Project;
- Review of the Grizzly Bear Biological Assessment Document;
- Review & Approval of Application for Outfitters Licence – Trinity Tactical Consulting Ltd.,
- and much more.
The next scheduled Board meeting for the WRRB will be held February 8-9, 2022, in Yellowknife, restrictions permitting. Stay tuned here for our next newsletter for further Board meeting updates.