December Board Meeting Update
In December, the WRRB held its final meeting of the year. As with previous in-person Board meetings, it was held at the Explorer Hotel in Yellowknife, which provided catering that was COVID safe, offered space and accommodations to adhere to social-distancing guidelines, and ensured the space was properly cleaned and sanitized for the safety of the Board, staff, and presenters. Items on December’s meeting agenda included:
- Review & Approval of the Tłı̨chǫ All-Season Road Wildlife Management and Monitoring Program, Version 4.1;
- Review & Approval of the Wildlife Research Permit Application – Boreal Caribou Collar Deployment and Spring Classification Surveys, Tłı̨chǫ All-Season Road;
- Review & Approval of the Wildlife Research Permit Application – Mackenzie Bison Collaring Program 2021;
- Review & Approval of the Proposed Statuses for Cape Bathurst, Bluenose-West, and Bluenose-East Herds – ACCWM;
- Review & Approval of the Commercial Timber Cutting Permit;
- Review & Approval of GNWT’s Forest Management Planning Framework;
- Review & Approval of the Batch 6 – NWT General Status Ranking Program; and
- Review & Approval of COSEWIC Status Designation for Lesser Yellowlegs.
The Board also reviewed and approved the recommendations for the Reasons for Decision for the 2020 Wolf Management Proceeding. For further details on this decision, you can read the Wolf Management Proceeding Update here.