February Board Meeting Update
The WRRB held our first Board meeting of 2021 on February 10 and 11 in Yellowknife at the Explorer Hotel. This meeting, much like previous ones, was held in a socially distanced manner, with COVID protocols enforced. Several guests presented to the Board throughout, many of whom were present via Zoom, which was coordinated by PIDO Productions.
On the agenda for this meeting were several important business items:
- An update on the progress of the Tłı̨chǫ All-Season Road;
- An update on the Bathurst Caribou Management Plan;
- An update on the Adaptive Management Framework for Sahtì and Kǫ̀k’èetì ekwǫ̀;
- Updates from Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) by Michael Svoboda and Bruce Laurich, Environment and Natural Resources (GNWT-ENR) by Heather Sayine-Crawford (who was the only in-person guest), Forest Management Division (GNWT-FMD) by Mike Gravel and, Lawrence Lewis, and Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) by Fraser Neave;
- A review and approval of the Consensus Agreements for Implementation of the Barren-ground Caribou Recovery Strategy and the Bat Management Plan; and
- Review of the Implementation Activities progress for Boreal Caribou and Amphibians.
The next Board meeting for the WRRB will be May 25 & 26, 2021. Stay tuned to our website for updates such as these on our meeting activities.